Wednesday 23 June 2010

United Kingdom & England?

Well well well..

My dear asked me about this question last 2 weeks..

"Baby, since u're in UK now.. Can u tell me what's the difference between

ENGLAND and UNITED KINGDOM?"

And I was like..

"Errr.................England......UK........."

And he is so bad by not telling me and asking me to find out myself..
(i'm lazy worm =.=)

Well, I really have no idea about it!
( i'm poor in geography or whatever =.=)

And today, I just remember about this when I see "BANK OF ENGLAND" on a 10pounds notes!

In Mandarin, we always say 英国 to refer to UK..
And 英国 is actually means England and thus my mind had set that

英国=UK.

Well, it is a big stupid mistake!

Out of curiousity, I Google-ed about it and also seek some advice from a local resident (Andrew Firecracker)..

ENGLAND is actually a part of UNITED KINGDOM!

Hahahah!!
(happy cause finally got the answer & dear here's my answer! :P)

And please don't laugh me for my stupidity.. :(
Here I quote :
"The United Kingdom is consisting four countries : England, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales."

Map of United Kingdom

Now I know already and bear in mind :


"Never too shy to ask as you might get what is unexpected."

A tedious post? But I think it had enlightened me! ^^

Alright...that's it~ End this tedious post with my cam-whore shot!


:)

1 comment:

roGer said...

Marvellous Dear!!! thank you for answering my question.. appreciate it very much. i know u must have done a lot of research just to answer my silly question and it may have take you hours to do this research and blog. good job dear.. thank you for enlightening me!!